the "Brittana Theatre"

the "Brittana Theatre"
that night was great!!

our home

our home

Monday, May 3, 2010

Count Bak on Men's Hats


Ask any man and he would agree, the hat makes the man. I'm all about hats. I have a large array of hats, some for formal wear and informal wear. My personal favorite is the Gibus, its and opera hat covered in corded silk. I love it so much because it folds and sits under my seat. Other nice hats consists of a tall top hats, for formal affairs. The derby is another fashionable one; it looks good with a lougejacket or a Norfolk Jacket. This was another formal hat. Since hats are a must have thing for any occasion, these are hats I suggest for informal events. The Homburg, a stiff felt hat with a dent in the crown running from back to front and the rim was bound with a ribbon. The Trilby, similar to the Homburg, had a similar dent in the crown but was softer with a wider, unbound brim. The wide-awake, a broad-brimmed felt hat with a lowish crown, was a, countryman's hat. The boater, a stiff straw hat with a moderately deep, flat-topped crown encircled by a petersham ribbon and a flat narrow brim, was universally popular with men and women for the country. Well these are the hats that are very popular among the men where I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment